The AMS Point of Sale System provides the software features needed to integrate tasting room cash registers, back-office order processing and wine clubs in a single database. Some of the features are:
- Designed specifically for winery tasting rooms
- Comprehensive sales history for each customer, viewable at the register
- Integrated, high-speed Credit Card processing for all sales activity
- Prints and scans bar-coded price tags
- Supports multiple tasting rooms
- Supports multiple wine clubs with customizable wine preference codes
- Wine Futures tracking
- Prints shipping documents
- Integrates with outside shipping companies and equipment (UPS & FedEx)
- Integrates with other AMS modules, used elsewhere in the winery
The POS system is integrated into the rest of the standard AMS system that may be used in other departments in the winery. This means that the POS system uses the standard AMS inventory, purchasing, and sales analysis modules and forwards the financial information to the AMS General Ledger system.
This integration provides an overall business benefit by eliminating the labor that would be required to keep un-integrated systems synchronized.